- Purchase of this item is covered under Smarter Home In-House Warranty for 12 Months as per terms and conditions stated at https://smarterhome.my/warranty.
- Includes a Kindle (10th generation), 1 year of Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited), a kid-friendly cover, and 1-year worry-free guarantee - up to a $219 value.
- Kindle Kids is purpose-built for reading (not a toy), with a black & white glare-free display and weeks of battery life. It performs differently than a tablet, because it’s geared for reading books – no games, ads or videos means zero distractions.
- With the included year of Amazon Kids+, kids can explore popular titles and series. After 1 year, your subscription will automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99/month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Amazon Kids+ includes the complete Harry Potter series, and the first book from other popular series such as Artemis Fowl. Parents can purchase additional titles from the Kindle Store.
- Take the library with you. Kindle Kids holds over a thousand Amazon Kids+ titles and provides weeks of battery life.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
Frequently Asked Questions
1: What is the Parent Dashboard?
Parent Dashboard allows parents to get the most out of Kindle Kids. You can adjust age filters, add books to your child's library, set daily reading goals, view your child's reading progress, and more.
2: What books are available in Amazon Kids+?
Amazon Kids+ includes the complete Harry Potter series, and the first book from other popular series such as Artemis Fowl. We are always adding more content to the Amazon Kids+ library, including these top titles and recently added books. Kids can explore the catalog by searching for specific titles and authors, or browse by themes such as Popular Books, New Books, and more.
3: How can I access even more Books?
Amazon Kids+ provides access to books over a range of reading levels, and automatically filters out what your child sees based on their age. To see a wider selection of titles, go to Parent Dashboard to adjust the age filter in your child's profile setting. Parents can also purchase additional titles from the Kindle Store, and add them to their child's profile via Parent Dashboard.
4. How is Kindle Kids different from a tablet?
Kindle Kids is purpose built for reading, with a black & white glare-free display and weeks of battery life. It performs differently than a tablet, because it's geared for reading books – no games, ads or videos means zero distractions.
Display: Amazon's 6” display technology with next generation e-paper and built-in light, 167 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
Size: 6.4” x 4.7” x 0.5” (162 x 119 x 14 mm).
Weight: 10.2 oz (288g); Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
On-Device Storage: 8 GB; holds over a thousand Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited) books.
Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content.
Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to four (4) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless and Bluetooth off and the light setting at 13. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage. Audible audiobook streaming (coming soon) over Bluetooth will reduce battery life.
Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a 5W power adapter or computer via USB cable.
Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, g, or n standards with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Accessibility Features: Kindle includes the ability to adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins. Click here for more info on Accessibility for Kindle. Certain accessibility features, including VoiceView, are not currently supported on Kindle Kids.
Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion; Audible (coming soon) audio format (AAX).
Documentation: Learn more about Kindle devices with our Quick Start Guide and Kindle User Guide.
Subscription: Includes 1 year of Amazon Kids+ for new subscribers. Click here to find out more about Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited).
Age range: Ages 7 and up.
Generation: Kindle 10th Generation - 2019 release.
Colors: Black Kindle with Pink/Blue/Rainbow Birds/Space Station cover.
Software Security Updates: This device receives guaranteed software security updates until at least four years after the device is last available for purchase as a new unit on our websites. Learn more about these software security updates. If you already own a Kindle, visit Manage Your Content and Devices for information specific to your device.
Kindle, cover, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide.