Privacy Statement on Personal Data
This Privacy Statement sets out how Smarter Home collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals
Please read this Privacy Statement pertaining to the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
What This Privacy Statement Explains
The aim of this Privacy Statement is to explain to you the
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that can identify a person either directly or indirectly. This includes any information that can distinguish, identify or contact you such as your
What Kind Of Personal Information we collect
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services, we need to collect relevant personal information from you and it may include (but not limited to):-
- Contact Details and/or Email Addresses;
- Email sent to Smarter Home for complaints and/or improvement of our services;
And if you shop online,
- Your Credit Card information and Bank Account details, if applicable;
- The delivery address to which the goods you purchase from our website are to
be delivered; and
- The equipment you use when accessing our Products and/or Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system, and platform) when you visit any of our websites (for example the pages you access and the Services and/or Products you browsed)
The Source of Personal Information
Personal Information may come from two (2) separate distinct source of information:-
- It may
be obtaineddirectly from you, that is personal information that you may have provided us for example, in the account creation process through our website or physical forms; and/or
- It may
be obtainedlegitimately from third parties or other service providers, to which, you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information.
When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information directly from you when you:-
- Communicate with us via e-mails
- Register or subscribe to Smarter Home membership or our newsletters
Participatein any of our surveys, competitions, contests or loyalty program run/organized by us
- Register interest and/or request for information
- Respond to any marketing materials
Commencea business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- Visit any of our Smarter Home showrooms
- Visit or browse our websites
- Lodge a complaint or provide feedback to us
Other than personal information
How We Use Your Personal Information
As outlined earlier above, the personal information collected by us and identified in this Privacy Statement may
- To verify your identity
- To assess and process your application
(s) /request (s) for our Products and/or Services
- To provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services, which we may provide you at your request
- To investigate and resolve any queries, complaints or other inquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and/or Services
- To manage our networks
- To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you request
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Smarter Home
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To regulatory bodies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud
- For any other
purposesthat are requiredor permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Personal Information
If you have once given us your personal information, you may receive from us or from our associate companies from time to time SMS, email and direct mailings containing promotional materials. If you do not want to receive them, please email us at email@example.com
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
Subject to the compliance of certain and terms and conditions, we will grant you access to your personal information if it is:-
- Misleading, or
- Not up-to-date.
You may make a request to us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall endeavor to comply with your request to access and/or made all reasonable corrections to your personal information within 21 days upon receipt of the same. Please note, a processing fee may apply to comply with your request.
You must provide accurate and complete information to us about yourself (i.e. personal information) and updating this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, outdated or incomplete by emailing to email@example.com.
We collect information about your visit to our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you
When you visit our website
Links to Third-Party Websites
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
We reserved the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and overrides all previous versions, including but not limited to leaflets or hard copy versions.
Please check our website regularly for additional information on our most up-to-date policies and practices that may apply to you.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement, kindly email us at the firstname.lastname@example.org