WHAT IS SMARTER HOME'S IN-HOUSE WARRANTY?
Smarter Home's In-House warranty is a guarantee provided by Smarter Home that the products you purchased from us are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a certain period of time from the date of purchase.
WHAT IS THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS WARRANTY?
This warranty is applicable to all orders placed from 6th March 2021 onward. Orders placed before the date are subject to warranty terms stated during the purchase date.
WHICH PRODUCTS ARE COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
All products with the “IN-HOUSE WARRANTY" seal: on the product’s main image are covered under this warranty.
WHAT ABOUT THE PRODUCTS WITHOUT THE "IN-HOUSE WARRANTY" SEAL?
Products without the "IN-HOUSE WARRANTY" seal means there is no warranty for this product. But if you got any problem with it, you can let us know and we will liaise with the supplier to come up with the best solution for you.
HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD?
The period of warranty is stated on the product page. Please refer to the following screenshots to locate the warranty period on different platforms:
Located in Specification tab
Located at the right side
Located in Product Specifications section
WHAT KIND OF SOLUTIONS WILL YOU PROVIDE FOR A VALID WARRANTY CLAIM?
Smarter Home will, at its sole option, either (a) repair or replace any defective Product or component or (b) accept the return of the Product and partially or fully refund the money actually paid by the original purchaser for the Product to the payment method used by the purchaser.
Replacements may be made with new or refurbished products or components. If the replacement is no longer available, Smarter Home may replace the Product with the available model nearest to the original model's form, functionality, and performance.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT?
We may send the product back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. Since we source products from all over the World, the manufacturer may be located in another country and it may take few months for us to receive the repaired or replacement products or components.
DOES THE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT STILL COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
Yes, any repaired or replacement Product received by you will be covered by the same warranty for the longer of (a) one month from the date of replacement or repair or (b) the remaining Warranty Period on the replaced or repaired Product.
WHAT THE SMARTER HOME IN-HOUSE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
This Smarter Home In-House Warranty does not cover the following:
- Products submitted after the expiration of the Warranty Period
- Products submitted without valid proof of purchase
- Products returned from outside countries where Smarter Home ships Products
- Products purchased from unauthorized retailers
- Products provided by Smarter Home or its designee for promotional purposes without charge
- Products on which repairs have been attempted
- Products damaged due to misuse, abuse, negligence, or other use not in accordance with the Product’s Quick Start Guide or other instructions provided by Smarter Home
- Products that have been modified
- Products that are working normally but do not meet your expectation or satisfaction.
HOW TO INITIATE A WARRANTY CLAIM
To make a warranty claim, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tech Support" as the email subject. In your email, be sure to describe the Product that is the subject of the warranty claim, describe in detail the issue that you are experiencing with the Product, and provide valid proof of purchase. Valid proof of purchase may be either
- an order number or sales invoice, if your Product was purchased from Smarter Home, or
- a dated sales receipt that includes a description of the Product and the price paid, if your Product was purchased from an authorized retailer.
Smarter Home may require you to return the Product in order to process your warranty claim. If you are required to return the Product, Smarter Home will provide you with a prepaid shipping label and return instructions, and you will comply with Smarter Home’s return shipping instructions. If, as reasonably determined by Smarter Home, a Product that is not eligible for a warranty claim is shipped to Smarter Home, Smarter Home will not be responsible for returning the Product. Smarter Home has no warranty obligations with respect to Products.